So here is a fashion trend that I swear, I NEVER want to see again!!! As a matter of fact, why was it considered a trend in the first place and who the heck thought that it was hot??? Anyway, I am here to say that I am OFFICIALLY putting this evil idea to death and it shall never arise again because it is buried in the cemetery of fashion disasters. What is this horrible fashion faux pas? My sister unaffectionally named it BLEAVAGE (butt cleavage); Plumber's Crack, The Crack.. You name it and most people hate to see it...
So here are a few ways to avoid the unsightly, offensive, and unstylish trend and look more sane, mature and less like you are in a rush to go to the bathroom.
1. Buy Pants That Fit- This should be a no brainer, but there are actually people that are not aware of how to buy pants that properly fit them because all jeans are not made to fit eqaully. Unfair but true. So you may have to take out the time to find jeans that actually fit. How do you know when the jeans fit properly? According to EHow.com if you have a:
- Muffin top: When the waist is too tight, body fat may spill out the top. It looks as if you've taped muffins to your sides--not attractive! It also makes your pants ride low and cause bleavage... very unattractive!!! So when shopping for pants make sure the waist is cozy but not tight. Sit down in the dressing room. If the waist cuts into you, the jeans are too tight.
- Baggy crotch: If the crotch of the jeans is hanging past your crotch, these pants are for MC Hammer, not you.
- Feathers: In the front pocket area, if there are wrinkles that look like Ruffles potato chips, these jeans do not fit you properly.
- Misplaced flare: The flare of the pant leg should begin right at the knee, not halfway down the calf.
- Too tight or loose: All jeans should be a little bit snug when you try them on. That's because after a few wearings, they stretch a bit and might get baggy. If you have to lie on the floor to zip them or can't bend down without feeling pressure in the abdomen, they are too tight. They should be comfortable, fit in the crotch and be slightly snug.
In my experience, the best place to find a pair of really great jeans and to have someone help you with your fit is the Gap. For more than 10 years my mom has purchaed my jeans from the Gap and we love the way they look. Another great place with affordable and well-fit jeans is Old Navy.
2. Lose Weight- There is a chance that your jeans once fit you perfectly but during the winter you enjoyed the holiday festivities and had a little cabin fever and now they don't fit quite the way they used to. This is a great time to change your eatting habits and fit back into those jeans. I would never suggest to lose weight only to fit jeans but your health is always an important issue and squeezing yourself into a pair of jeans that fit poorly can also be unhealthy. A little exercise and a change of diet can really make a difference in fitting your jeans.
3. Buy Big Girl Panties- I think that most people would agree that they do not want to see your panties at all, but please I can so better deal with seeing your underwear than seeing your bare booty. Not sure if most women know this but having your naked booty on a seat of the bus or public sear is very unsanitary... this is one of the reasons why we wear clothing and undergarments.
4. Stretch Jeans- Stretch Jeans have become a really great way to wear jeans that fit your body fully. If you buy them in the right size, they will be very flattering, especially with the right shirt.
5. A Belt- Buying a belt and wearing it can make the world of difference and be very fashionable. Getting a belt with that matches your shoe color is an awesome way of getting attention rather than expoosing your lower cheeks.
6. Wear High Waisters- If you are not able to find pants that fit you properly around the waist, opt for a pair of high waisters. It is a very classic trend that can give you a very classy look.
7. Opt for a Skirt or a Dress- When all else fails, opt for a very well-fitting dress or skirt! There are so many cute skirts that are hot for the spring and the summer that I can't even begin to name all of the looks. One of the looks I LOVE are Maxi dresses and skirts. Skirts can be very chic and so fly that you can get attention just like you were a star.
So lets all take a stand against this tacky trend and make this world beautiful by dressing, looking and acting like lovely ladies!!!
Oh and not a dress like this! ;)